In 1698 the Baal Shem Tov was born in the Ukraine. He started the religious reformation that is at the root of Jewish Renewal and the Havurah Synagogue. Every service or life cycle event at the Havurah offers an experience of joy, creative worship, love of G-d, and love of all creation that was at the root of the Baal Shem’s teachings.
It is upon us to continue the legacy which has been passed down to us through the founder of Jewish Renewal, Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi zt”l, through Reb Aryeh Hirschfeld z”l, the Havurah Synagogue’s founding rabbi and finally, through Reb David Zaslow…all of whom have been ordained in the lineage of the Baal Shem Tov!!
Your donation will support...
- New melodies, translations and rituals
- Inspiring embodied prayer, sacred movement
- Transformative life cycle events
- House of prayer for all people
- Services infused with joy
- Cutting edge interfaith work
- The Heimann Family Wisdom Garden Hebrew School and Peace Garden Preschool & Kindergarten
- Security upgrades to protect our community from the growing anti-Semitism we are witnessing nationwide.
We are all characters in a big story,
and the next chapter of Jewish Renewal
is unfolding before our eyes.
Please continue being apart of our story.
Our Challenge Donors are presenting you with another opportunity to make a difference for the Havurah community. Every dollar you donate will be doubled because of their generosity! Dollar for dollar!!
It won't happen without you!
Members and friends of the Havurah, who are committed
to our future, have pledged a grand total of
$30,171 as a challenge for the rest of us.